LOCAL CONTEST RULES
OFFICIAL RULES (the "Official Rules")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (“Sponsor) “Sack Schultz Contest” (the “Contest”) is open to Georgia residents only, who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry. Employees of Jim Ellis Automotive Group, Hotel Indigo, Cox Enterprises d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Marlow's Tavern or any of their respective affiliates or advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
2. How To Enter. Registration period of the Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on August 24, 2012. The entry period, for the National Contest, begins at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on September 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on November 24, 2012. The entry period, for the Local Contest, begins at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on August 24, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on November 17, 2012.
To enter both contests, you must log onto ajc.com/go/sackschultz2012, complete the online registration and upload your picks. Each entry at ajc.com/go/sackschultz2012 is automatically registered for and included in the national contest. The AJC is an affiliate of the national Upickem contest. One email will be sent to acknowledge each registration, another will be sent as a reminder to submit their picks. All entrants must register in order to enter.
3. Winner Selection. For an individual week: Fans pick a team to win each game, along with an answer for the tie-breaker question. The computer then takes all the fans tied and then checks to see if they got the tie-breaker question correct. If there are still ties the computer orders the fans randomly. Each week during the contest period, one winner will be selected to receive a $100 gift card to Marlow's Tavern. Sponsor will notify the weekly winner on the Tuesday following that week’s game. On Monday, Nov. 19, 2012, Sponsor will select one (1) grand prize winner from all approved entries received during the entry period for the local prize. Fans pick an answer for each question along with an answer for the tie-breaker question for the last week .The computer then takes all the fans tied and then checks to see if they got the tie-breaker question correct for the last week. The person with the most correct picks, wins. If there are still ties the computer orders the fans randomly. All decisions of the judges are final. Only one (1) Georgia Grand Prize Winner will be selected. All winners are considered potential winners until all necessary documents and releases are signed. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone and/or email on November 19, 2012 and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and return of all necessary releases and affidavits. If the potential winner does not respond to notification attempts to contact him/her within twenty-four hours after notification is sent, an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Notification is deemed sent when an email is sent by Sponsor or a telephone message is left by Sponsor, whichever occurs first. All drawings and judging will be conducted by authorized representatives of Sponsor, and all decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest judges selected by Sponsor will be final and binding in all respects.
4. Prize Description. The Georgia Grand Prize Winner will receive (1) Two (2) tickets to the Georgia Tech vs UGA football game on Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012 at University of Georgia in Athens, GA, (2) One (1) night stay at Hotel Indigo in Athens, GA, and (3) two (2) tickets to the Chick-fil-A Bowl on December 31, 2012 at the Georgia Dome. Winner is considered a potential winner until all necessary documents and releases are signed. Sponsor will not be responsible for any claims, losses, or injuries arising out of a winners’ acceptance or use of the Grand Prize. All prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by Sponsor of their selection, by e-mail or telephone at the telephone number and/or email address provided on the winner’s entry form, no later than November 19, 2012. Sponsor’s inability to reach winner within 24 hours of said notification, at the telephone number and/or email address provided on his or her entry form will result in disqualification of winner and forfeiture of his or her interest in the Grand Prize. In the event that the selected Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, the entry with the next highest number of points will be selected from the remaining four finalists. No substitutions allowed by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within two (2) days of date of personal delivery or date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within two (2) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in Grand Prize Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of their interest in the Grand Prize and the awarding of the Grand Prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, by entering, each participant agrees to allow Sponsors and their designees to use their name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Online entrants to the Contest will be given the option to receive commercial e-mails from Sponsors; however, eligibility to participate in the Contest is not dependent upon entrant’s consent to receive such e-mails.
7. Participation and Reservation of Rights by Sponsor . By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest in total or any of the individual Contest elements are compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, Sponsors or their Entities which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest in total. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date(s), Sponsor reserves the right to award prize(s) based on the entries received before the termination date(s). By entering the Contest, each Winner agrees to waive any and all claims against the Sponsors and their respective agents and representatives for any injury, damage or loss that may occur from the participation in the Contest or from the receipt or use of any prize or travel related to the receipt or use of any prize.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The rules will be construed under the laws of the State of Georgia.
9. Sponsor The Atlanta Journal-Constitution “Sack Schultz Contest” is Sponsored by Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of the finalists, Grand Prize Winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For the name of the winner (available after 11/26/2012) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to AJC Marketing, 223 Perimeter Center Parkway, 4th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30346, Attn: Sack Schultz Contest – “Winners List Request” or “Official Rules Request” (as applicable).
10. Prize Value: The retail value of the Grand Prize is $680. The total retail value of all local prizes is $1,880.
NATIONAL CONTEST RULES
No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant.
You must be 13 years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible for this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Winners will be notified by email. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If Upickem or its affiliates cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Upickem and its affiliates reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Affiliates reserve the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office.
Employees of Upickem and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to Upickem and its affiliates the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
Upickem and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, Upickem, Inc., and/or its affiliates. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
Upickem and its affiliates are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
If a question cannot be answered because the "action" to result the "answer" is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, or if there proves to be two correct listed answers for the question, that question shall not count for any contestant and scores will be computed as if the question did not exist.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
The points for each question are clearly marked.
For an individual week :
Fans pick an answer for each question along with an answer for the tie-breaker question.
The computer then takes all the fans tied and then checks to see if they got the tie-breaker question correct.
If there are still ties the computer orders the fans randomly.
For the overall winner:
Fans pick an answer for each question along with an answer for the tie-breaker question for the last week .
The computer then takes all the fans tied and then checks to see if they got the tie-breaker question correct for the last week .
If there are still ties the computer orders the fans randomly.
All decisions of the judges are final.
Upickem and its affiliates reserve the right to change the rules at any time.